Monday, February 6, 2012

Thailand 2012 while I was gone from Texas!

A Tribute to the family next door MY Wonderful Neighbors. This family all works all the time farming over 5000 acres in Texas. Yes when it comes to helping others (not just me) they are always there! When you are on vacation 1/2 way around the world you have your brother check the house while gone. So I was never concerned about being away because in the past when I traveled to Thailand & spent a month nothing major occurred. Well 2012 Thailand was totally different. You see I forgot to plug-in the pool pump and the pool was half full of mucky water, but that was easy when I returned home I just plugged in the pump & 12 hours later the pool is empty. I called my brother a few times while in Thailand and all seem well until the third call. He said the water was off at the house! OUCH I knew something was up, so Paul called the water company and they said I had a leak and they turned of the water. In the mean time my neighbor went over to my home and found the leak and repaired it. Not a small leak it was a giant 2 foot whole in the area the water was flowing out. I am sure my neighbor & crew spent 1/2 to a full day repairing my leak. A Tree that fell on my barn was the next disaster and as you can see in the photos (My neighbor's cell phone) this was not an easy job. I am amazed how wonderful people can be when it comes to helping others.


This is the tree which for Texas medium to large. With a base of 30 inches it was a major job performed by my Neighbor & crew.

The tree left a large whole in the roof of my metal barn.


This was a major job that must have taken 1 full day or more. I am from the city and it amazes me how hard country people work. The following photos were taken by me after I return home.


Hero's come in all forms, from the one's who save lives, the one's who protect our wonderful country, the one's who give there time to the helpless & the one's who help neighbors. I am sure I left out a whole lot of wonderful Hero's in this world.

Thank you for being the best neighbor I've ever had in the last 65 years.

Respectfully,


Tom in Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click on the photo and when you see the + on your cursor click again for the full view. Next back space to view the blog.

Feel free to leave comments!
Tom & Nang