Friday, February 10, 2012

Thailand 2012 Chinese New Year

My wife is a Buddhist and told me she had to pray on this day. Her family had put the food out on the front porch for display. I was just amazed how pretty the flowers were. Chinese New Year is the most important of the traditional Chinese holidays.


In Thailand you will see from time to time food sitting on the Buddhist shrines. I've observed that some very poor street people do eat or drink at these shrines. One day I saw a paper plate of food just sitting on the ground; it was a full meal and 4 cigars. I ask my wife why? She whispered people leave food for their dead family or friends etc. I've notice a lot of dogs in Thailand and normally very healthy but I have never seen them smoking cigars. This year however they all seem to have lot of fleas. I think this is probably from the flooding Thailand had in 2011.

I think it is amazing what the Thai people can do with flowers, just beautiful.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Click on the photo and when you see the + on your cursor click again for the full view. Next back space to view the blog.

Feel free to leave comments!
Tom & Nang